Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Blog Post 1 - Jason Frank

I read through page 116 for my first third of the book. While I was reading, I thought about how much training must go into preparing for this climb, and even them there are so many missing people/deaths. According to Krauker in the first part of the novel, air supply management is crucial to being able to climb the mountain. This would make me very nervous if I was climbing Mt Everest, which makes me think even more about how I don't think id be up to the challenge. Plus there are 250 deaths on the mountain total, which is huge in comparison to the number of climbers who have tried!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I found this very interesting. I Like how you connected your fears with the book. It brought me in as a reader. I too wondered how many people died/ are missing. I enjoined the small font that made my eyes hurt. I was refreshing to have to squint to read and stress my eyes. Thanks and good writing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To answer your questions, around 240 people have died climbing Everest and when someone dies they just leave them. Their is also around 7 tons of trash left on the mountain from used air tanks and other trash. hope that helps.

      Delete
    2. your eye comment did not help jack

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Jason. i thought it was very interesting how you looked deeper into the safety of it all. There was actually a recent story where a bunch of people died on the mountain.
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/21/world/asia/nepal-everest-avalanche/
    theres a link to the recent story that happened two days ago where 13 people were killed by an avalanche on the mountain. This is a very sad and scary thing to have happened.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete