Wednesday, April 23, 2014

First Posting-Jack Selvig

So when I read the first third of Into Thin Air, I only read about 100 pages. I had an audio book running in the background and it was a different experience than just reading it. It made me thoroughly enjoy the book. It was nice because I had my book open and I go updated with altitude and pictures of Everest and maps of it. When I was reading the first third, I was wondering about, how is it that so many people can die on the mountain and no one faces a consequence. I mean their must be an administration that could take the hit because families lose their moms, dads, and children. Everest is a fierce mountain that takes a lot of lives. When The author wrote about Everest, I was wondering where and what it looked like.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a good point, (about how someone must take consequences for the deaths on the mountain.) I would imagine that climbers must sign a waver, but it would be fun to look at the whole process of signing up.

    ReplyDelete