Thursday, March 20, 2014

Into Thin Air Post #3

Emma Munoz-McCue
3-20-14

          Into Thin Air has been a suspenseful, sad, and many more things. It has opened my eyes to see how people will do anything to save someones life that they're not that close to. The book really shows how people care for each other and how you can help someone is many different ways, but if they try to help them live and they don't make it, you can see how guilty they feel. Even on page 279 Jon felt so guilty even for living because many people have died on this excruciating journey of pain and suffering. "The next thing I knew I was sitting in the ice with my face in my hands and tears streaking down my cheeks, weeping like I had wept since I was a small boy.Safe now , the crushing strain of the preceding  days lifted from my shoulders, I cried for my lost companions, I cried because I was grateful to be alive, I cried because I felt terrible for having survived while others had died" This shows how even though your alive, in this situation you would rather be dead rather than watching so many people suffer and die. Jon also feels this way on page 283 "Perhaps nothing, I concurred. But in contrast to Schoening, Ill never be sure. And the enviable peace of which he speaks eludes me." Jon feels bad about living while others die. He also wants to be able to feel a certain kind of peace just like Klev. At least he is still alive and is able to share all these situations that happened in this tragic condition.

          I think that this book was a very interesting, suspenseful, and a sad book. In some parts of the book I was always thinking "What would I do if I were in his situation?" In other parts it was to slow and I got very bored because it seemed like it was dragging on and on about the same thing, but in in most of the book it was nicely paced and easy to read. I like that it wasn't fiction because it felt real and true because he actually lived this experience that he is sharing with us. That is why I like non-fiction because it feels genuine and true and he can explain what he felt in all these situations in depth. I would definitely recommend this book to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment